Buying a vehicle
- When buying a vehicle, it always pays to do your research.
- Check the car history – we recommend using Motorcheck.ie.
- Make sure the seller owns the vehicle.
- Make sure the log book is present at the sale.
- Bring a mechanic to check over the vehicle for peace of mind
Selling a vehicle
- Make sure the vehicle is spotless at the viewing.
- Make sure you have the log book and service history (if available) at viewings.
- Never let a person take your car for a test drive unaccompanied.
- Always check bank notes before handing over the keys.
- It is your responsibility to send in the log book. Never give it with the car.