It is no surprise that it has come down to this, as of midnight following the government announcement that will see the entire county enter level 5 restrictions for a period of six weeks.
The government has allowed for the inter-county season to continue at the moment but at senior level, despite the county entering the highest of restrictions levels and there has been a lot of uncertainty surrounding the under-20, and minor championships after the GAA confirmed that it is pausing the Under-20 and minor inter-county championships until further notice.
This decision has resulted in a number of games been called off as originally scheduled for this Saturday Dublin and Galway were set to contest the Under-20 EirGird All-Ireland final will not take place.
Pat Kearney the chairman of the Galway county board said confirmation had been received from Croke Park that their Under-20 match would not go ahead. He also said that the match would be played when the public health situation improved but that no timeframe could be put on the fixture, at this stage.
It is understood that this evening’s Board Gáis Energy Leinster u20 hurling fixture will proceed as normal.